Accessing from ReadingList@HKUL Block
1. ReadingList@HKUL is fully integrated and available in all Moodle courses. Click the link to create your reading list right away.
2. For the first time when a reading list has not been set up, the reading list icon is still present in Moodle but clicking it will bring you to the ReadingList@HKUL page with a message "No lists are associated with course...".On this page, click CREATE IT to create a new reading list for the course.
3. Assign a title (course code and course name) to the reading list and then click CREATE.
4. Reading lists are divided into sections, which can represent the weeks of a semester or topics or course modules, etc. You can select a weekly template or a template by topics. If you choose a weekly template, sections (i.e. week numbers) will be automatically created in your list.
Alternatively, select a blank template to customize your sections. You will need to add sections to your reading list manually. Read Create a section for details..
Associating with a course
1. The new reading list needs to be assigned to its course. To do this, click ASSOCIATE LIST.
2. Search for your course by course name or course code and select the relevant course from the list.
Click ASSOCIATE & CLOSE.
3. If you want to do the course association later or you need to change the course associated with the reading list, click on the Ellipsis button at the top left of the reading list page and select Manage course association.
Creating a section
You need to add sections to your reading list before you can add citations or resources to the list. The sections could be the weeks of a semester or topics or course modules, etc.
1. To add a section, click NEW SECTION.
2. Enter the title and description of the section. Start and end dates set the timeframe for visibility of each section. If you set the dates here, section will be visible only during these dates. Then click CREATE.
Editing a section
You can always edit the section's details by clicking the Ellipsis button > Edit Section.
Reordering the sections
To reorder the sections, collapse the sections by clicking the Toggle section view and then drag it upwards or downwards.
If you have to work with other instructors in the course, you may add your partners as the owner or collaborator to edit the reading list. Both collaborators and owners can edit the list, but only the owner can add other collaborators and owners.
1. Under Collaborators, click on Manage collaborators.
2. Search the collaborators by their email address, and then click SEND INVITATION to invite your partners to be the collaborators.
Hiding ReadingList@HKUL in Moodle
If you are building the citation list on ReadingList@HKUL, you may hide the link from being seen by students in Moodle following the steps below. You can show the reading list again when it is ready for students to view.
Hiding the ReadingList@HKUL Block
1. Turn editing on in your Moodle course page.
2. On the ReadingList@HKUL block, click the tool icon and select Hide ReadingList@HKUL block.
3. Your reading list will be hidden from student. You can select Show ReadingList@HKUL block again when your list is ready.