Publishing reading list
In order to make your reading list visible to students, you have to associate the reading list with your course in Moodle and publish the list. You can continue to edit your reading list after you have published it.
1. Click on the ellipsis button and choose Publish.
2. You will have three different options to choose from:
- (I) Course students means only students enrolled in your course can see the list and access materials
- (II) All students at the institution means all students studying in HKU
- (III) Anyone Restrictedmeans the list is publicly visible to anyone without signing into Moodle, but access to uploaded materials is restricted to course students only
Click CONFIRM after your selection.
3. Now, the status of the list has changed from "DRAFT" to "PUBLISHED" with a note showing the access right of the list.
You can unpublish your list if you no longer want it to be visible to students. Simply click on the ellipsis button and choose Unpublish.
4. Instructors can click EDIT button next to the Reading List title, to set the visible start date and the visible end date.
5. By assigning a visible start date and a visible end date to the Reading List, you can define the date range of course materials to be accessible by course students. If you have uploaded any electronic copy onto the reading list, please set an End Date as at the end of an academic year or a period no longer than 12 consecutive months (see also Copyright issues ).
Send your reading list to Library
Simply click on the LIBRARY REVIEW button in a Reading List. You will see a message saying "List sent to the library to process" once the list is sent successfully. To contact library staff regarding your course reserve materials, see Interaction.