|Access via turnitin.com
|Access via Moodle
Two ways to set up a student account:
1. Instructors can give a set of Class ID and Enrollment Key to students. Then, students can set up their accounts with the set of Class ID and Enrollment Key.
2. Instructors can enroll students in a class. Students will receive a welcome email from Turnitin. Follow the instruction in the email to set up an account.
Note: Use your HKU email address to set up your account.
|No need to create a student account. You can access the Turnitin assignment box in your Moodle course if you instructor has created one.
1. If I have submitted a Turnitin assignment via Moodle before, how can I submit a paper to another class on turnitin.com with the same email address?
You should have a student account automatically created by Turnitin once you have submitted a Turnitin assignment via Moodle. Please reset your password with your HKU email address and last name on turnitin.com to gain access to that platform.
3. Can I pre-check my papers in Turnitin before sending them to my instructor?
Papers must be submitted to assignment boxes that are created by instructors. If re-submission is allowed, students may revise and re-submit the papers many times until the due date. For thesis checking, students may approach the Faculty Office or the course supervisor, who can set up a student account and give the corresponding Class ID and Enrollment key for students to submit the paper at turnitin.com directly.
4. Shall I use other free plagiarism detection tools before uploading my assignment to Turnitin?
Students need to know the terms and conditions of these plagiarism detection tools for handling submitted papers. Privacy may not be protected if such platforms keep the submitted papers perpetually for access by others or even for sale to make a profit.
14. My paper got a 100% match, what can I do?
Check if you have submitted the paper to another assignment box previously. Explain to the instructor of that assignment box and request for a paper deletion.
16. I have accidentally submitted the wrong paper to Turnitin, can a student request to delete a paper?
If the paper is submitted via Moodle, a student needs to seek the instructor's approval and send to Email-A-Librarian together with the paper ID for a permanent paper deletion request. The Libraries will contact Turnitin for the paper deletion. Usually, it takes a few working days to complete the deletion. If the paper is submitted via Turnitin.com, the student needs to seek the instructor's approval. Once approved, the instructor can submit a paper deletion request at Turnitin.com.