Give credit where credit is due.
You may consider using Endnote, a citation management software, to organize and cite your bibliographic references. By properly citing the sources in your writings, you are both identifying the resources that you used to complete your work and formally acknowledging the authors or creators of those resources. Besides, your assignments and dissertations could be submitted to Turnitin for originality checking.
Read more about plagiarism.
Each discipline has its own citation style. Make sure you choose and use the right style in your writing. Please contact with your lecturer if you have any doubt about the use of citation style in your discipline.
The frequently used citation styles:
• APA Style, by the Writing Lab & the OWL at Purdue and Purdue University
• Chicago Style, by the Writing Lab & the OWL at Purdue and Purdue University
• Harvard Style, by the University of Sydney Library
• IEEE Style, by IEEE
• MLA Style, by Modern Language Association
• RSC Style, by the Royal Society of Chemistry
• Turabian Style, by the University of Chicago Press