Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Find@HKUL
provides one-stop search for books, e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more in HKU Libraries.
The search can be extended to all 8 UGC-funded university libraries in Hong Kong through HKALL.
Scroll down for the 5 great tips!
Tip 1: Sign In
Sign in to
- Access full text
- Renew or request items
- Save searches or results
- Create alerts on new publications
Tip 2: Search
- Enter keywords, a title or an author's name.
- Choose a scope:
- Books+: Print and e-books, journal and newspaper titles, theses, audio-visual materials and more.
- Articles+: HKUL subscribed online articles including journal and newspaper articles, conference papers and more.
- HKALL: Collections in all 8 UGC-funded university libraries.
Tip 3: Browse results
From the search results page, you can:
- Use any combination of facets such as show only, subject and resource type etc. to limit the search results.
- Click the title to show more item information.
- Check item location, status, call number and more.
- Cite, email or save the item to My favourite. Click the dots for more options
- Access an e-resource, e.g. ebook, article.
Tip 4: Check your library account
1. Click “Menu” at the top right corner of the Find@HKUL page.
2. Click “MYACCOUNT@HKUL” to sign in your library account.
3. Enter your HKU Portal or Library account and PIN.
4. After login to your library account, you can:
- Loans: Display your loan record and renew.
- Requests: Display your requests.
- Fine+fees: Display details of outstanding fines and processing fee in your account.
Tip 5: Search HKALL
1. Change scope to HKALL and then search.
2. In full record of a HKU item, click "Check availability in HKALL".