Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Preprint: The version of a scholarly paper that precedes formal peer review
List of Pre-print Servers
- CogPrints is an electronic archive for self-archive papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of cognition studies.
- DiVA - Academic Archive Online is a platform for digital publishing and registration of publications and research data produced by researchers, teachers, and students.
- INA-Rxiv Papers is free, open access, country-lead preprint repository for all academic and scientific papers/manuscripts in their native Indonesian language.
- OSF preprints is a preprints discovery site. A single search of over 2 million aggregated preprints from the many disciplinary repositories built on the Open Science Framework platform.
- Preprints is a free, open access, multidisciplinary preprint platform including health and medical content.
- researchers.one is a platform for scholarly publishing and peer review.
- The Winnower is an open access online scholarly publishing platform that employs open post-publication peer review.
- Zenodo is a general-purpose open-access repository developed under the European OpenAIRE.
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) the world's largest collection of over 1.5 million on-line Economics working papers, journal articles and software, is a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 82 countries to enhance the dissemination of research in Economics and related sciences.
- Humanities Commons (CORE) is a full-text, interdisciplinary, non-profit social repository and focused on providing a space to discuss, share, and store cutting-edge research and innovative pedagogy—not on generating profits from users' intellectual and personal data.
- PhilArchive is the largest open access e-print archive for philosophical works.
- medRxiv covers all aspects of research in Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Therapoid is a scientific collaboration platform enables international scientists to share research.
- AgriXiv Preprints is a free, open access preprints archive for Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
- arXiv e-print server is an e-print service in the fields of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics.
- bioRxiv is a free online archive and distribution service for unpublished preprints in the life sciences.
- CERN Document Server over 650,000 bibliographic records, including 320,000 fulltext documents, of interest to people working in particle physics and related areas.
- ChemRxiv is a free online submission, distribution, and archival service for unpublished preprints in chemistry and related areas.
- ChinaXiv is an open repository and distribution service for scientific researchers in the field of natural science, which accepts scholarly preprints and conditionally accepts published articles.
- Computing Research Repository (CoRR) ) is an archive of open-access papers on computing.
- Cryptology ePrint Archive provides rapid access to recent research in cryptology.
- Earth and Space Science Open Archive (ESSOAr) is a community server established to accelerate the open discovery and dissemination of Earth and space science early research outputs, including preprints and posters presented at major scientific meetings.
- EarthArXiv Preprints is a free preprint service for the Earth sciences.
- ECSarXiv Preprints is free preprint service for electrochemistry and solid state science and technology.
- Fermilab Technical Publications is a high-energy physics laboratory, home of the world's most powerful particle accelerator, the Tevatron. This server provides related preprints and technical reports going back to 1970.
- Institute for Condensed Matter Physics (ICMP) Preprints which is from National Academy of Science of Ukraine since 1996.
- International Nuclear Information System (INIS) - International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) which over 3.3 million bibliographic references and announces the availability of scientific literature published world-wide on the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. It also maintains a collection of full text documents that would be difficult to obtain elsewhere.
- MarXiv Papers is a free, Open Access ePrint (preprints/postprints) repository for Ocean and Marine-Climate Sciences.
- Math arXiv - Front for the Mathematics arXiv UC Davis front end to assist in searching the mathematics articles archive maintained by Cornell University.
- NutriXiv is a preprint database of research papers in nutrition and dietetics.
- PaleoRxiv Preprints is a free community-led digital archive for Paleontology research.
- Peer J Preprints is a preprint server for Biology, Health Sciences, and Computer Science.
- Quantum is a non-profit and open access peer-reviewed journal on quantum science and related fields.
- SciPost is a complete online publication portal managed by and for scientists.
- Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS) Preprints is an interdisciplinary archive of articles focused on improving research transparency and reproducibility. Maintained by The Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences (BITSS). Powered by OSF Preprints.
- E-Prints in Library and Information Science (E-LIS) is the world's largest open access archive for library and information science.
- LIS Scholarship Archive (LISSA) is a free, open source archive of articles and scholarship associated with library science and related disciplines.
- MindRxiv is an open archive for research on mind and contemplative practices.
- PsyArXiv is an open-access, preprint digital archive dedicated to psychological science that gives the public free, first-hand access to new science.
- SocArXiv is an open-access archive of preprint papers in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Social Science Research Network - SSRN provides free access to the abstracts and full text of works of scholars in the social sciences since 1997.
- SportRxiv Preprints is an open-access, community-led preprint server for research in sport, exercise (kinesiology and movement science) and physical activity.
Ask a Librarian
One-to-one Research Consultation Service
Provides a personal research consultation service to registered HKU / HKU SPACE academic staff and postgraduate students on effective information research pertaining to their research projects. Please make an appointment with your Librarians in specialised subjects.
Subject-specific Library Instruction Courses
Groups of staff or students can request library instruction courses according to their information needs. For details, please contact your Librarians in specialised subjects.