Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the HKU Libraries (HKUL)! This orientation guide provides an introduction to the resources, services and facilities available in the HKUL.
Your Library Card
- You library card is non-transferable.
- Set your PIN after collecting the card.
User Information: Know about borrowing privileges and services
MyAccount@HKUL: Check due dates, online renewal and previous loan history
Book a space: Reserve discussion rooms, study tables and computers
Hours: Check opening hours and holiday hours
Visit our HKUL homepage to learn more about the libraries.
Printing and Photocopying
- Laptops and tablets are available for loan on a first come, first served basis in the Main Library or branch libraries. Find out the availability from our library catalogue.
- Laptops or tablets cannot be checked out overnight. They are due 30 minutes before the closing time of the loaning library.
- Some of the Level 3 computers are installed with flat bed or high speed scanners. Express Scanners are also available on Level 3 and 2/F of the Main Library.
- Level 3 Technology Zone provides over 100 computers with Internet connection and software applications in support of study and research.
- Software installed include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Endnote.