HKU Scholars Hub
The ORCID / HKU ResearcherPage Synchronization facilitates HKU researchers to manage their ORCID records in an easier way. By using the ORCID API, researchers with ResearcherPages in the HKU Scholars Hub can claim ORCID iD and populate their ORCID records with data from the ResearcherPage. Please refer to the step-by-step guide on how to connect your ORCID records to your Scholars Hub ResearcherPage.
Apart from the Scholars Hub, synchronization between ORCID iD account and HKU researchers’ profile on DataHub is also available. DataHub is the institutional data repository of the University of Hong Kong and it is a platform for researchers to cite, store, preserve, and share research data. In the future, your dataset records uploaded on DataHub would also be linked to your ResearcherPage on Scholars Hub (This feature is currently under development).
To link your ORCID iD to your DataHub profile, please refer to the below steps:
1. Go to DataHub (https://datahub.hku.hk/).
2. Click on “Log in” at the top right of the screen.
3. Log in with your HKU portal account.
4. Click on the dark blue circle showing your initial at the top right corner and select “profile” on the drop-down menu.
5. On your profile page, click on “CONNECT” next to the title ORCID right under “Professional details”.
6. You will be directed to the ORCID login page. Log in with your ORCID iD account.
7. Double check if the ORCID iD and profile is correct. Click on “Authorize access”.
8. After successful authorization, your ORCID iD will appear on your DataHub profile page as shown in the below example: