What is EndNote for iOS app?
An EndNote for iOS app is available. It includes:
- Sign up for an EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
How do I get the app?
The EndNote for iOS is free for download in the App Store.
Getting Started Guide
How to import temporary citation by EndNote for iOS app?
- In EndNote for iOS app, select a reference
- Click on the three-dot icon on the top right-hand corner
- Click on "Copy temporary citation"
- In Microsoft Word mobile app, paste the copied temporary citation in the designed location
- Sync your Endnote iOS library with your EndNote Online/Desktop library
- In Microsoft Word desktop version, go to the "EndNote 20" tab
- Click on "Update Citations and Bibliography" to format the citation.
*Note: EndNote is not available for Android. Please use EndNote Online.
Learn more from the videos