Welcome to the HKU Libraries (HKUL)! This orientation guide provides an introduction to the resources, services and facilities available in the HKUL.
Ask a Librarian
User Information: Know about borrowing privileges and services
MyAccount@HKUL: Check due dates, online renewal and previous loan history
Book a space: Reserve discussion rooms, study tables and computers
Hours: Check opening hours and holiday hours
Visit our HKUL homepage to learn more about the libraries.
- With a floor area of 3,100 square metres, Level 3 comprises 5 zones: Technology Zone, Collaboration Zone, Study Zone, Breakout Zone & Multipurpose Zone.
Printing and Photocopying
- Self-service photocopiers and octopus cards operated networked printers are available in the Main Library and branch libraries.
- Check out the printing and photocopying charges and how to send a print job.
- Photocopying or printing must comply with Copyright Law and Guidelines.
- Laptops and tablets are available for loan on a first come, first served basis in the Main Library or branch libraries. Find out the availability from our library catalogue.
- Laptops or tablets cannot be checked out overnight. They are due 30 minutes before the closing time of the loaning library.
- Some of the Level 3 computers are installed with flat bed or high speed scanners. Express Scanners are also available on Level 3 and 2/F of the Main Library.
- Level 3 Technology Zone provides over 80 computers with Internet connection and software applications in support of study and research.
- Software installed include Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Premium, Endnote.