The Projects in DataHub is a place for collaboration. There are two different kinds of projects: individual projects and group projects. Members of each project can upload files or add text notes, and comments.
To Start a Project
1. Go to My Data page and select the Projects tab. Click on the "+Create a new project" button.
2. Complete the fields as descriptively as possible. You can select the project type for individual or group use, then click "Save changes".
1. Click on the “invite new users” button on the right hand side to invite people to join your project by searching their full names or ORCID.
2. At the “invite new users”, input the person’s name and email address and select the role that you assign them to the project. Two roles can be assigned.
3. Click “Send Invite” button.
At the existing project page, click the Manage cog wheel icon and choose “Edit project details”. Follow the same steps as described above.
1. Click + Create a new item and open the publication form.
2. Scroll down to the bottom, click on the “Generate private link” to generate an URL that you want to share the content with other users.
3. You can create a private link to data, a link file or a metadata only record. The private link can be shared with anyone with a Figshare account or not.
Disable Shared Link
1. After the collaborators have downloaded the data or files you have shared with them, go back to the publication form.
2. Place the cursor on the cross icon and make the word “disable” appear.
3. Click “Yes, disable” to disable the link permanently.
4. A confirmation statement will be appeared after the link is disable.
Submit data to DataHub without an account
DataHub now supports non-login submissions on a designated page that is configured allowing external users to submit contents or data files to DataHub without having a HKU DataHub or Figshare account. The page for submission can be accessed at http://datahub.hku.hk/submit.
Collaborations between HKU researchers and academics with individuals outside of the HKU community may frequently take place in projects conducted at HKU. As DataHub has access restrictions to internal members for data uploading and management, this page allows external members to submit their work to DataHub for collaborative projects easily without an institutional account at HKU.
1. Access the page (http://datahub.hku.hk/submit) and get past the reCAPTCHA verification.
2. On the main submission page, select the destination (i.e. group) that your data will be submitted to from the drop-down list.
3. Drag your files to the uploading area on the browser or select the file for uploading by pressing the ‘Browse’ button. You may upload multiple items.
4. Fill in all necessary metadata fields (e.g. Title, Authors, Description, Categories, Keywords, etc.)
5. Click on the “Submit” button. You will be directed to an acknowledgement page with the message “Your submission was successfully sent”.