Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Booking or Consultation Appointment
Consultation session for how to use equipment in LIC can be booked via library booking system.
For enquiries, please contact Media Services at 3917-7007 or email email@example.com.
Editing rooms are set up to facilitate audio recording and editing of audio-visual formats. They can be regarded as a sound proof room which are equipped with computers (PC or Mac) and audio recording equipment.
# Please bring your own SD card for audio-recording.
The service is for current HKU staff and students only.
ZOOM H6 Handy Recorder
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain controls, -20dB pads, and phantom power for each input
- Large full-color LCD display, angled so it's easy to read in all environments
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Large 1" condenser capsule with gold-plated membrane
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Internal Rycote® Lyre® based capsule shock mounting system
- Ultra-low noise, self noise of only 4.5dB (A)
- State-of-the-art surface mount electronics
- Available with included RM2 mount (NT1-SINGLE) or with SMR shock mount (NT1-KIT)
SE Electronics RF -X Reflexion filter
How to Create Voice Recordings or a Podcast Episode
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Tap your HKU Staff/Student Card on the reader to access the reserved room.
- Use your personal SD Card/USB drive without DLP protection for saving the data once the audio recording is completed.
- You should exercise respect and care in the use of the equipment.
- Do not adjust or change the position, wiring or settings of the equipment without the permission of the library technician.
- Only individuals involved in recording are allowed in the studio.
- Library staff will carry out routine inspections of room activity.
How to use Zoom Recorder
SD Card recording