Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Booking or Consultation Appointment
Consultation session for how to use equipment in LIC can be booked via library booking system.
For enquiries, please contact Media Services at 3917-7007 or email email@example.com.
Editing room can be regarded as a sound proof audio recording room. Users can record their own audio clip here with the equipment provided. For editing video clips from OBS or mixing the audio clips, users may use the PC / Mac in each Editing room which is installed software for video & audio editing.
The service is available for current HKU staff and students.
*Please bring your own SD card for audio-recording.
ZOOM H6 Handy Recorder
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain controls, -20dB pads, and phantom power for each input
- Large full-color LCD display, angled so it's easy to read in all environments
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression and limiting
- Normalize, Divide and Trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Large 1" condenser capsule with gold-plated membrane
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Internal Rycote® Lyre® based capsule shock mounting system
- Ultra-low noise, self noise of only 4.5dB (A)
- State-of-the-art surface mount electronics
- Available with included RM2 mount (NT1-SINGLE) or with SMR shock mount (NT1-KIT)
SE Electronics RF -X Reflexion filter
Guidelines for using the Audio recording service
How to use audio recording
SD Card recording
PC Audio Recording