Apply the facets
You can filter your search results with the facets to the right. The results can be refined by a specific category (e.g. subject, resource type, author, collection and year etc.).
1. Sort By
Select a sort sequence of the search results. The options are:
- Relevance: Show the most relevant results first based on Find@HKUL relevance algorithm.
- Newest: Show results in reverse chronological order.
- Oldest: Show results in chronological order.
- Author: Show results by author’s name in alphabetical order.
- Title: Show results by item title in alphabetical order.
2. Show Only
Show items under the same criteria only. Options may include:
- Available in the Library
- Full text online
- Peer-reviewed Journals
Show results with the selected subject term in the record. You may explore similar terms and keywords used in specific subject.
4. Resource Type
Limit your results by material format. Options may include:
- Audio Visual
5. Expand my result (Appears in HKUL+Articles and Articles search only)
Expand your results to include records that do not contain full text which are harvested from primary and secondary publishers and aggregators.
Limit your results to a specific author or corporate author.
Limit your results by databases, publishers and source.
8. Journal Title
Limit your results to a specific journal.
Specify a range of publication year for your results.
Narrow down your results to a specific language.
11. Classification LCC
Select materials within the same call number range.
Option to include/exclude branches and service area in HKU libraries.
13. Course name
Include/exclude by course name.
Information Counter, Level 3,
Main Library, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Phone: (852) 3917-2203