Acknowledge other's work
Give credit where credit is due.
By properly citing the sources in your writings, you are both identifying the resources that you used to complete your work and formally acknowledging the authors or creators of those resources.
You may wish to read the handbook on plagiarism for more details.
Each discipline has its own citation style. Make sure you choose and use the right style in your writing. Please contact with your lecturer if you have any doubt about the use of citation style in your discipline.
The frequently used citation styles:
• APA Style, by the Writing Lab & the OWL at Purdue and Purdue University
• Chicago Style, by the Writing Lab & the OWL at Purdue and Purdue University
• Harvard Style, by the University of Sydney Library
• MLA Style, by Modern Language Association
• Turabian Style, by the University of Chicago Press
Your Science and Engineering Faculties Librarian
5/F, Main Library, University of Hong Kong,
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong.
Phone: (852) 2219-4748