Western and East Asian Collections support coursework and postgraduate studies in the HKU Department of Music and scholarly research as well as musical interests of the University community.
How to find books @ Music Library via FIND@HKUL.
- HKUL: Print and e-books, journal and newspaper titles, theses, audio-visual materials and more
- HKALL: Collections in all 8 UGC-funded university libraries
Step 1 : Search a book
1. Sign in to manage your account (recommended).
2. Enter a title and choose "HKUL".
Example: Said, Edward W. 2008. Music at the limits. New York: Columbia University Press.
Step 2 : Display search results
3. Go to Refine results to limit your results, e.g. Author, Resource Type, if you cannot find the book.
4. Click in a book for more information.
Step 3 : Item record information
5. Policy: Perosnal loan period is shown if you signed in.
6. Status: check the availablity of a book.
7. Request this copy: request a HKUL item.
Step 4 : Request a book online
8. If the status of an item is "Available", you can only request to pick up it at Main Library or other branch libraries, but
NOT Music Library for music items.
9. If the status of an item is "On Loan", you can request to pick up it at all HKU libraires, including Music Library for music items.