Who can apply?
HKU course instructors (undergraduates or postgraduate courses)
How Branch/Faculty Librarians can work with you?
Explain the application guideline and selection criteria
Identify potential collaborative partners of different subject areas courses and programs
Invite faculty to apply for the fund
Collaborate with faculty by defining expectations and desired learning outcomes
Determine appropriate information literacy proficiencies and resources to be introduced in the course
Establish a working relationship with faculty to incorporate IL elements in the course syllabus
Conduct the course-integrated workshops
Develop assessment criteria
Assist in preparing fund application
What is Course Enhancement Fund?
The UGC JULAC Teaching & Learning Project Background
The five core sub-projects:
- Assessment of information educational needs of undergraduate students
- Research Readiness Self-Assessment (RRSA-HK) questionnaire instrument
- Shared online Information Literacy (IL) courseware
- Capacity Building Programme for librarians of JULAC libraries
- Course Enhancement Funds
Course Enhancement Fund
This fund supports instructors of undergraduate or postgraduate courses to design new or modify existing subject-related information IL course elements. Instructors of courses with strong research components are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will receive strengthened support from the Libraries, thus forming a close librarian-faculty partnership as well.
HK$15,000 for each course
Five courses will be awarded at HKU
Enhance IL teaching and learning in subject-related course contexts
Build a community of practice on information literacy in HKU
Establish ongoing dialogue and exchange amongst librarians and faculty to share best practices to advocate information literacy in HKU
What can be done?
Partnering with Branch or Faculty Librarians, the fund can be used to:
- Co-design new teaching and learning objects
- Integrate IL instruction into existing courses
- Develop new IL content in your existing courses or other learning activities
- Modify existing research assignments and assessments
- Develop new learning objects for existing courses
- Employ student helpers or teaching assistants
- Provide training to teaching assistants
Or… any new ideas!
Information Counter, Level 3,
Main Library, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Phone: (852) 3917-2203